Friday, February 17, 2012

Sunrise sunrise!


Hi :)

It’s been a busy two weeks. Mainly because one subject this semester requires us to do a short film. Which is taking up a lot of time during the week. So I was occupied with the shooting last week. The location is a town near the seaside. Which is good since it’s been a long time since I haven’t seen the ocean or a beach. It was very nostalgic. I also got to do some time-lapse photography. I love time-lapse; even though it’s kind of tedious. There’s a lot of waiting around.  But to see the shots compiled and everything sped up is really rewarding. I should really make more projects for myself during sem break.

It’s also one reason why I didn’t update my blog last week, the other being that I felt that there wasn’t enough content. I’m still using the Loomis and Bridgeman books to study anatomy.  There’s still much to learn. It’s a never ending process after all. For people with lack of  motivation, you’ll only start being motivated once you start drawing and keep practicing and learning every day.  At least for me it did, and I bet if you try, it will for you too. I was waiting for someone or something to magically inspire me. But that never happened. It’s really your choice. You just need to push through the first couple of days or weeks until you get the hang of it.

Last week I tried adding values to my daily studies. But it was a bit time consuming since I have assignments to worry about and they come first. Although recently I feel like I’ve been paying more attention to this rather than my assignments. Working on it now hehehe
I really need to manage my time efficiently. So I've decided that that's going to be my task next week, besides my daily practice. I could also work on lighting and values separately. I’m also itching and scratching to start painting in gouache. maybe after i learn to manage my time.

Hope everyone has a great week and happy drawing :)


bones aren't as fun to draw, but a good practice nonetheless

trying out a different layout. looks similar to a traditional blue pencil sketch than digital

haven't seen one of these in a while. here's the link to the video.




4 comments: