Monday, February 27, 2012

The Brog and the Monark


Hi people :)

Another busy week comes to an end. As I’ve mentioned before, one of our final project is to do a short film. The video shoot is eating up all my time, even on the weekends. I’ve decided to put on hold updating my blog till I finish the semester so I can focus more on my finals. I’m still going to continue practicing, but not as much.

I’m really looking forward to the holidays. There’s a project in 3d that I’ve been meaning to work on for a while now.  Can’t wait :)

As for this week, I spent half of it practicing anatomy and the other half drawing animals using photo references. I remember reading interviews from successful artists about developing your own style. They emphasize on the importance of drawing from life rather than copying other artist. Its also important to keep in mind is that it’s going to take time. Draw every day, with passion and the constant need to learn new things. Drawing from life also improves your design sense in a way.

I noticed it somewhat when I was drawing animals. I did studies of two separate animals first and then tried to come up with one of my own creatures by combining the two. Not that I was able to design a super cool super awesome creature.  not yet at least :D but rather than trying to come up with a random design using my imagination, it helped a lot in terms of design knowing how something actually looks like. Even the weirdest aliens from far away galaxies are based off of something in real life. Maybe I should plan a trip to the zoo. Something else I can look forward to do during the holidays.

Hope everyone has a great week and happy drawing :D





here's a still from last weeks shoot

   it makes me sad that i didn't get this shot. it was clear skies, then it started to rain.
   I've always wanted to do a star trail. sigh! managed to get enough for 1 second 
   though. i'll have to try again next week. click HERE to view a gif i made with it




No comments:

Post a Comment