Monday, January 23, 2012

The beautiful monster


Hello again :)

Hope you all had a good week. I was suppose to update my blog yesterday, but I came home very late from a friends office and just went straight to bed so I can wake up early to do my sketching. It was a very long day. Mainly because I spent a couple of hours driving to and from the airport and the rest of the day at a friends office. My better half just left to the Maldives for her two week holiday. How I’ll miss her…sigh!

And I spent the rest of the day as I mentioned before at my friends office, which cheered me up…a lot, cuz I got to take this monster out for a spin.


the Cintiq 24HD. Haaaaallelujah!

here's me being a happy fool

My god this thing is so awesome. I can’t tell you enough how utterly and immensely easy it is to work with. The accuracy is out of the roof. it feels so natural, like sketching on paper, only much sleeker and sexier. Sigh! I think I’m in love hehehe

I also did some sculpting in Zbrush. I did a lot more in an hour than I’d normally do. It’s like a wonderful dream that you don’t want to wake up from. thanks hafiz! you da man!


doing some sculpting in zbrush, like a baus!

Ok, back to reality. It was a very good week. I really enjoyed myself with all the sketching I did. I found myself spending an extra half an hour or so sketching so that I have more stuff to upload by the end of the week. I did male anatomy and some extra stuff this week. Next week I’m planning to do female anatomy. I haven’t really practiced it as much as I have with the male figure. Looking forward to it :) apparently the trick to drawing the female figure is to draw as few lines as possible with beautiful curves.

I’m going to plan ahead each week of what I’m going to draw next. I guess I’ll have more consistency in terms of what I upload rather than drawing random stuff for the sake of posting something.

Have a good week everyone, and happy drawing :D


here's how far i took the sculpt. happy with the result :D
click for larger view. go on, click :)


No comments:

Post a Comment